Thursday, August 10, 2006

Costume Change

Some asked who made Gambel's costume for the Nutrition Day program.

I did. :)
Gabriel was supervising the work as usual, while my eldest, Jam, took pictures. :)

I did prodwork and finished as early as Tuesday, early enough for the Friday morning program. Supplies: styrofoam, styropaint, leftover poster paint from last school year and some colored sand for the "candy sprinkles." Tools of the trade: my good ol' brush, old toothbrushes (yup!) and my trusty cutter.

I faced revisions and rework on Thursday evening, though, when we realized we needed to resize the costume to allow room for Gambel's hands to move during the action song.

I whipped out the cutter and trimmed the cupcake to 40% of its original size. Sigh. Would've been the largest cupcake that you ever did see!

(The kids in Prep, including Gambel, were Go food. Kinder pupils were Grow food, the nursery students dressed as Glow Food. They drew lots for the food costume assignment. )




Flashback to last year, in case you're wondering: Gambel picked Grapes.

No comments: